Three seasons in Hell
The possessed of Loudun
God is demanding. All the heroes of this historical novel postulate it. But what exactly does He require?
- The conversion of the Protestants or their annihilation, for Father Joseph?
- The greatness of France and the destruction of all oppositions, for Cardinal de Richelieu?
- To do for the best within the limits of his means, as professes Urbain Grandier, the parish priest of Loudun (France), who relies a lot on the generosity and tolerance of his Lord?
- To live through great torments to finally attain glory, as the Mother Superior Jeanne des Anges (Joan of Angels) wishes?
- To defeat and humiliate the demons who have taken possession of the bodies, as the exorcist fathers, Mignon and Tranquille, claim?
- To elevate to holiness the few souls touched by God's grace, as Father Surin claims?
All will meet and fight each other. For some, God's demand will lead them to torture and murder.
A chilling book from which you don't come out unscathed.
Table of Contents:
- The Hell of the senses
- The Hell of dogmas
- The Mystical Hell